

[Type here]

YASC MINUTES 2023

[Type here]

Date: 07-02-23

Open with Serenity Prayer @ 9:30 am

12 Traditions – Stephanie B.

12 Concepts – Mychelle B.

Service Prayer – Jordan

Just for Today- John D.

Approval/Disapproval of minutes- Minutes **Not Approved**

Roll Call and GSR Reports

	Group Name	Rep.	GSR /Alt	Avg	New	7 th h	Lit.	Prudent Reserve	Donation	Reports	Group officers Secretary, Treasurer, GSR, Alt. GSR
1	A Boy and His Dog	Joe W.	GSR	19	1		\$26.00		\$30.00	Home group gave consent to GSR to carry group conscience on money matters sighting the 12 concepts.	S= Joe W, T=Dave M., GSR=John D.
2	A New Light	Jesse L.	GSR	31	0		\$18.00		\$80.00		S= Dave M., T= Ray P., GSR = Jesse L.
3	Basic Text Study	John G.	ALT	15	4		\$125.00		\$20.00	Groupis discussing what we want to do with an over abundance of Works How and why, more with be revealed.	S-Annette. T-John G. GSR=Kirk ALT= John G.
4	Biscuits & Gravy	Mychelle B.	GSR	40	5		\$74.60		\$79.00	Meeting is going well.	S-Sean Michael T-Debbie GSR-Mychelle B. ALT-Phillip M.
5	Candlelight	Lauren R.	GSR	44	13		\$17.05		\$20.00	Meeting's doing well. Lots of newcomers, would love people with some clean time to join us!	ALT- Lauren R. GSR-Matt S. T-Bailey G.
6	Girls Gone Clean	Stephanie B.	GSR	55	12		\$47.00	\$180.00	\$40.00	Group is going well, need women with more clean time! We would love to assist the newcomers with more ladies that can sponsor.	T-OPEN GSR- Stephanie, ALT-Moina S-Nicole
7	Gratitude Too	JAY A.	GSR	85	25		\$3.00		\$15.00	Meeting is running smoothly. Sep. 5 th BBQ at third shot in parking lot before meeting. Be there or be square.	S- Brandon, T-Brandon, GSR- Jay, ALT-Donavan.
8	Lost & Found	ABSENT									
9	Lunar Nooner	Deb H.	GSR	15	3		\$54.60		\$35.00	Group inventory was done & our newcomers contributed a lot but difficult for them to grasp Area inventory. We invited them to Aug YASC meeting.	GSR-Deb H. Alt -Trent C. T-Mallory/Trent s-Darby/Ashley
10	No Matter What	Jessica C.	ALT	26	0		\$15.00		\$55.00	Need more active homegroup member to rotate service positions.	T/ALT-Jessica S. GSR-Janet B. S- Chuck
11	We Do Recover	Kevin L.	GSR	6/35	4		\$0.00		\$5.00	Close to goal of opening clubhouse! Centrally located for Prescott and PV. Want to start a new meeting get a hold of us!	GSR-Kevin L. T-Travis G. ALT-James S-Britney
12	Recovery Girl Gang	Amy K.	Alt	20	1		\$22.25		\$5.00		T -Crystal N. GSR-Veronica Alt/S-Amy
13	We Can and We Will	Susan	REP	9	0		\$37.95		\$40.00	Needs Support and Members! All group positions are open!	T- Susan M.

Note: 11_ of 13_ GSRs are present. Quorum **was** / was not established.

[Type here]
[Type here]

YASC MINUTES 2023

Officer Reports:

Chair- Carl S.: ABSENT

Vice Chair – DJ- Filling in for chair getting accustom to it. Grateful to be here and be of service.

Treasurer-Dave M:

Final Report is Attached.

Starting Balance: \$8,351.31

Ending Balance:\$9,495.56

Income: \$2,237.90

Spent:

Vice Treasurer -Crystal N.: Thank you for letting me be of service.

Secretary – Ashley.: Please make sure you are turning in your GSR reports so I can file them and review them if need be. I had full intension of starting google account before this area but unfortunately I have not been able to. I will do it before next area for sure! I also wasn't able to check the P.O. Box this month but will be able to soon. Thank you for bearing with me while I attempt to be of service the best I am able to.

RCM1- Susan M: see attached report

RCM2- Annette B: see attached report

Lit: Sean Michael: Lit is going great! Thank you for letting me be of service!

Subcommittee Reports

Activities- Baily G: please see attached report.

H&I Chair Darby B: H&I is doing well, we are doing much better at getting our panels filled, which makes it much less stressful on committee for finding fill-ins. The revised guidelines have been in the work for quite some time now and we will be doing an ADHOC on the 12th of next month following our subcommittee meeting. Aside4 from that we are always looking for new members to join our subcommittee and help carry the message. Thank you for letting me be of service.

YASC MINUTES 2023

[Type here]

[Type here]

JOHN D- H&I VICE CHAIR-

Being that this was my first month as vice-chair, I am learning how to ensure my recovery comes first while being a trusted servant. Darby has set up our subcommittee with facility coordinators that have been on top of their commitment to run panels successfully. We have recently lost a few panel members so help on the July calendar is much appreciated. If you are willing to commit to a panel, please see Darby or myself for a paper version or yavapaina.org. We understand things happen, so if you do have a commitment and can't attend try to provide as much notice as possible.

Look forward to continued growth in H&I and carry the message to addicts that can't attend outside meetings. It has helped keep me stay clean; I'm passionate about my commitment.

Your Guy,

John D.

PR – DJ (interim)- Not much to report, I still have the literature from the last chair and working on figuring out a S.C. meeting time/place.

Merchandise Chair- Adriana: ABSENT

Sean-Michael-REP

\$291

-\$45 comp.

= \$246

+\$138 Cash

+\$108 Card

-\$470

= \$103.30 Direct Deposit

Completed physical inventory, Need people to sign up at upcoming events, Next sub 7/22 @ 1pm at Dre's house. Johnny- SD convention ALT merch approval.

Note: _ 11 of _ 13 GSRs are present. Quorum **was** / was not established.

Old Business:

Address pending Motion

NEW MOTIONS

#1 Motion/Idea: To set percentage of funds above prudent reserve to be donated to region removing \$250.00 Cap bi-monthly= 25%

Intent: Due to increase of prudent reserve at YASC motion for \$3500 we should give back to carry message excess funds.

1st- John D- A Boy And His Dog

2nd- Moina B. - Girls Gone Clean

For: 7

According to YASC guidelines **NOT PASSED** by 2/3 majority vote

AGAINST: 4

Abstain: 0

Yavapai Area Service Committee

YASC MINUTES 2023

[Type here]

[Type here]

NEW BUSINESS/OPEN FORUM:

Joe W. A Boy And His Dog-This group is concerned with the lack of awareness of the area guideline. These are in place for a reason and the lack of their use is inconducive for a serene service atmosphere. Adherence to “suggested duties”, meeting agenda, section+ideas+ motions, following the calendar, are all lacking in this trusted servants opinion.

2 New Motions were brought to the table after some discussion it was decided to combine those motions into 1 motion.

NEW MOTION: To approve up to \$2300 for camp out expenses! This will cover 2 dinners, event insurance (region doesn't cover campouts), and all other campout expenses. Estimated up to 1800 regular cost and 200-500 insurance.

INTENT: To have an awesome campout that is protected and spread the message.

1st- Kevin L-WE Do Recover

2nd-Lauren R-Candlelight

Motion was presented for a traditions workshop but motion was scraped.

Joe W- GSR learning day is coming up in September to be put on by Vice-Chair. Also, in April of odd years an area inventory is to be done. By not having that done we have foregone our obligations that were established. We put too much pressure on our Vice-Chair we should only be doing our part not more.

DJ- I will reach out to our regional chair and get that worked in GSR day.

John G- I have been frustrated since 08-09 since world dictates how we handle our business & votes. Do I make a motion to address my concerns?

DJ- Are you saying we don't take financial motions to home groups? That is setting a dangerous precedent.

John G- Robert Rules of Order.

Group discussion on Robert Rules of Order. 2 pros, 2 cons then it is voted on.

Jesse L- There are some decisions that can be trusted to GSR's. We are trusted servants.

Discussion around the motion being emergency... or taken to home groups to be voted on.

Idea of budget getting increased for event.

Anette B- We are not in financial stress. GSR's please take that to groups. Help remove the fear around large amount of money in motion.

Joe W.- is explaining “back in the day” and how motions would be put in. 2001 a big us/the thing. The ways things were, lead to the break oof Verde and Yavapai Areas because of the divide on early guidelines. We are autonomous and we can do what we need to do. We are trusted servants.

Bailey G- Handle a small money value at Area level like under \$300?

DJ- We need to update that guideline.

Joe W. Chair needs to appoint an ADHOC to review area inventory to compile information to bring back to AREA.

DJ- I will get with Chair- Carl S. to discuss ADHOC.

Close Meeting: 1st- Kevin L. - We Do Recover

2nd _ Mychelle B. - Biscuits and Gravy

[Type here]

YASC MINUTES 2023

[Type here]

YASC Financial Report

Date: **07/02/23**

Income	
Description	Amount
Donations	424.00
Literature	431.00
Activities	<15.00>
Activities [Cash]	1,244.90
Merchandise [Square]	<88.30>
Merchandise [Cash]	138.00
Total:	2,237.90

Donations		
Groups	Representative	Amount
A Boy and His Dog	Joe W.	30.00
A New Light	Jesse L.	80.00
Basic Text Study	John G.	20.00
Biscuits & Gravy	Mychelle	79.00
Candlelight	Lauren R.	20.00
Girls Gone Clean	Stephanie B.	40.00
Gratitude Too	Jay	15.00
Lost & Found	Vincent M.	
Lunar Nooner	Deb H.	35.00
No Matter What	Jessica C.	55.00
Recovery Girl Gang	Amy	5.00
We Can We Will	Susan M.	40.00
We Do Recover	Kevin L.	5.00
Total:		424.00

Expenses	
Description	Amount
Regional Donation	
Literature	<574.24>
Activities [Debit]	<282.50>
Activities	917.50
Merchandise	
Storage	<110.00>
Rent	20.00
Printing Supplies	141.18
Zoom	14.99
Total:	1,093.67

Floating Budgets	
Description	Amount
H&I	202.92
Total	202.92

Final Balance	
Description	Amount
Starting Balance	8,351.31
Income	2,237.90
Expenses	1,093.67
Ending Balance	9,495.54
<i>Deposit</i>	1,144.23

[Type here]
[Type here]

YASC MINUTES 2023

YASC H&I MINUTES

07/01/2023

Time Started: 10:09am

Serenity Prayer

Twelve Traditions: Kevin L.

Twelve Concepts: Stephanie B.

Service Prayer: Darby B.

Sign in sheet:

Vickie N., John D., Kevin L., Stephanie B., and Darby B.

Chair: Darby B.

Vice-Chair: John D.

Secretary: John D.

Minutes **not approved**

1. June's minutes were approved
2. Need for another ad-hoc meeting to finalize the guidelines, considering having right after next subcommittee meeting.
3. Order more readings at area
4. Journey:
 - Need all information on how program works
 - Need more communication from coordinator
5. Other panels (?)
6. Spoke about commitments
7. Confirmation texts/messages sent out to all panel members at the beginning of each week
8. Next subcommittee meeting on August 12th
9. Have coordinators ask for library check at facilities

Adjournment time: 10:58am

[Type here]
[Type here]

YASC MINUTES 2023

RCM II Report

Hello Yavapai Area-

It was a great opportunity to support the ARCNA Fundraising event last weekend with a small but mighty crew of attendees. Thank you to those who came out to support and eat some awesome spaghetti and hear some incredible messages of hope from the speakers.

At the Area event at the park in June I had the opportunity to talk more with Ryan, the candidate for Alternate Regional Delegate. It is very cool to see the relationship between our area and region being supported and fostered on both sides. Susan will need to vote at Region on July 16th for the Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, and Alt-RD candidates whose service resumes were included with last month's minutes. I have a printout of them if anyone GSRs would like to review them. We will need to gather this vote in Old Business today. We also need to know how to vote on the changes to Regional Policy that were included in the minutes last month.

My apologies for the confusion with the Group/Area inventory forms. I have printed out the right form for the GSRs. The confusion arose from this NOT being in the Guide to Local Services where the Group Inventory Form was, but it's actually in the PR Handbook. When these are completed and brought back to the Area in August, we need to decide how to facilitate the inventory process. We will probably need to schedule a time outside of our regular area meeting so we have time to do a thorough job of this. If we would like someone from the Region to facilitate, we will need to make the request at the Next Region. I don't know if this is an Old Business or Open Forum discussion, but it would be awesome to get everyone's thoughts on how to move forward.

Looking forward to ARCNA next weekend and hope to see everyone there.

In loving service,
Annette B

RCM II

[Type here]
[Type here]

YASC MINUTES 2023

Activities report to YASC July 2023

Good morning area! Our June BBQ was a huge success I'd say! Keeping count got tricky but we had somewhere between 150-200 people in attendance. 3 or 4 treatment centers came and participated and fun fellowshiping was had by all!

Here is the breakdown:

Expenses:	
Frys-burgers/hotdogs/buns/sodas/etc.	\$236.51
Frys-ice/water	\$30.94 (then we returned/rebought for discount-this receipt is lost)
Walmart-sternos	\$19.41
Amazon-water balloons	\$63.18
ASA party rentals-dunk tank	\$300 – no receipt paid cash after contract
Total:	\$649.10 (numbers here add up to 650.04 but I had 90 cents left over after missing receipt from employee discount return)

We made it work but were barely within budget on this event. We had to make a split decision and see if some members would donate more ice and sides in the moment because once again not enough sides were brought for the amount of people who showed up so we had to make a quick run to sprouts and also we needed more ice in the beginning than we were able to purchase.

Income:	
Registrations	\$1013
Dunk Tank balls	\$231
Total:	\$1244

We are returning \$1244.90 to area today from this past June event!

YASC MINUTES 2023

[Type here]

[Type here]

One of our grills that are only a few years old needs a new part ASAP in order to work. We brought both grills to the park and only one worked properly. It appears to be the valve between the propane tank and the grill. We are hoping to replace this regulator/hose assembly and the grill be in working order again. The part is \$25 on their website. We also should fill our propane tanks which are not empty but get them topped off before the September campout. We should be able to do this and replace volleyball and other stuff we need for events such as paper goods with leftover budget this month as we won't be spending as much on the actual event.

We have our July Event planned! Please bring your board games to play with your friends as the committee is not providing the games-announce this! We will provide drinks and pizza! We have a speaker coming from Phoenix to share his ESH with us! We need our monthly \$500 budget today for this event.

August we have reserved the Ramada for 282.50 on the debit card as approved by area for our outdoor movie night at granite Creek Park on august 11th. We will receive the \$200 back as a deposit when the event is over. Next month we will need the remaining \$417.50 of our budget for the month. I will not be at area next month so someone will need to come in my place and receive this money. I will send them with a report.

[Type here]

YASC MINUTES 2023

[Type here]

September campout!!!! From the 22nd-24th. We have started our meetings with the Verde valley up on Mingus. Our next planning meeting will be today, we are meeting at 12:30! We need lots of help at this event! Please come or let us know you're willing to be of service here. We are looking for homegroups to be of service to help us cook/serve meals! We have done this in the past and usually got two groups worth of homegroup members and it worked out well! We need to be announcing that were looking for more NA memorabilia for raffle and auction! We have started planning meals. This year I asked how we could help at the campout because I know Verde has been lacking as much support in recent years at the campout, they asked us if we would cook both dinners and they do both breakfasts. So we obviously have the more expensive/harder meal. Looking at last year's expenses and what we have been pricing out for this year, we would like to have \$1800 to spend on the campout. I don't think we will use all of this but I would hate to get \$1500 and need some more and have to go without at the campout. We have started with meat prices from local Mexican markets and found the best rate on meat from Mayas Mercado. We want to do tacos on Saturday night for the bigger night and do chili dogs for Friday night. Plus there will be many other expenses for this event such as sternos, drinks, ice, paper goods, etc. This needs to be voted on by groups ASAP so we have enough time for approval before the campout. We are hoping to get people to pre-register at the price of \$40 for the weekend so we can have a better idea on amount of people coming, as of September 1st the price will go up to \$50 so there is some incentive to pre-register! You will also be able to pre-register for cornhole/horseshoes/bingo if you'd like to participate in these events! We had an ink delivery issue this month and do not have the amount of flyers for you guys we hoped. I rushed around yesterday to find somewhere to print but the prices would not have been prudent at all so I printed a copy for each group to start getting the info out there! As soon as Dave has the ink we will get flyers out to groups for these events! Besides today, we will also be meeting for campout planning meetings on August 5th and September 3rd. The link on the flyer/our website should be working by the end of the weekend for people who want to register online, I will also accept your registration forms personally filled out with cash or you can mail them to the PO box.

October we have Deb and Krista taking the reins on an event while I'm recovering from having a baby. We are looking for a space to do a Halloween dance/costume contest. More will be revealed. November gratitude luncheon and thinking of having a t-shirt design contest here for 2024. December we are having a new year's eve event and are thinking of doing a semi formal casino themed night!

I have submitted insurance forms for July, August, and September and still have not heard back. I still have not worked up committee guidelines. We have nothing to go off of from our area so it will take time to look through others guidelines and propose some that would fit our area. Hopefully we can find time for this soon.

YASC MINUTES 2023

[Type here]

[Type here]

Deb, my vice chair, will not be stepping up as chair for activities next year so if anyone is thinking about running for the position it would be a great time to get involved and start seeing how things are done!

Thanks for letting me be of service!

Bailey G.